Over the last few years, we have been consulting with local people in Gleadless Valley about how to improve housing, community facilities, skills and employment, as well as shared and green spaces.
Our most recent consultation on the Draft Master Plan, ran from 24 January 2022 to 4 March 2022. Thank you to everyone who participated and gave their views on what they liked and did not like about the Masterplan.
Feedback from the consultation was considered and the masterplan was approved by the Co-op Executive meeting on 24th March. The report can be viewed here. The final masterplan will be published in June 2022 and over the next year we will work with local residents to start to deliver some of the schemes.
What changes can you expect to see?
- 81 Older Persons Independent Living Scheme apartments
- New build houses at Gaunt Road
- 109 new build houses and apartments
- Replacement of 10 blocks of maisonettes and replacement with 88 new houses and apartments
- Remodelling of some ground floor maisonettes into 3-bed town houses and some upper floor 3 bed maisonettes into 2 bed maisonettes
- Remodelling of 1 bed flats into 4 bed town houses
- External refurbishment of 51 blocks - 624 homes
- Improvements to paths and crossings and increased traffic calming measures
- Upgrades to parks and play equipment for all ages
- Green space and landscape improvements
- Private gardens for new homes and remodelled ground floor town houses
- Adapted maintenance regimes to support natural open spaces
- New tree planting
Services and facilities
- Improvements to shop fronts and local centres
- Parking improvements – including formal parking for new and remodelled homes
- A new community space included in the Older Persons Independent Living Scheme
- Community food growing and gardening projects
Employment and skills
- More opportunities for apprenticeships and training
- Targets for local employment linked to the investment programme
- Community enterprises
- Career Fair and Support – helping businesses and supporting residents with job applications
An 'easy read' version of the Master Plan is available here.
Once the Masterplan is launched in June 2022 there will be further opportunities to get involved. Further work will be done to create a firm timeline for implementing the Masterplan.
Our vision for Gleadless Valley is for it to continue to be a great place to live, grow up and grow older, with fantastic green spaces and good quality housing. It will have a strong sense of community spirit and allow its residents to thrive.
What you have told us so far is at the heart of our plans:
- put residents at the heart of this masterplan
- preserve and improve the local character, heritage and wildlife
- promote better use and care of the valleys green and open spaces
- deliver services and facilities that meet the needs of people that live and work in the valley and improve play and recreation provision
- improve health and well-being by working closely with the community
- grow skills and employment opportunities for all
- increase the choice, mix and quality of homes
- improve routes linking public transport, services, homes and green spaces
- make Gleadless a greener place by reducing its carbon footprint through the delivery of the masterplan projects
If you have any questions our team is still on hand to speak to you about the next steps:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- call 0114 273 6369
For more information about previous consultations please click here