We manage the Streets Ahead project to improve and maintain our roads, pavements, bridges, street lights and other items in and around our streets.
We ensure that all new roads that are to be adopted and maintained as public highways are constructed. This is in accordance with the approved plans and to the correct standard and we maintain accurate records of roads and property addresses.
We have six teams working on highway maintenance:
- address management, maintaining accurate records of roads and property addresses
- development and adoptions, supporting the planning process and adopt highways
- highway records, maintain accurate records of Sheffield’s highways
- new works team, arrange for Amey to carry out changes to the highway network
- operational processes, manage service activities under the Streets Ahead Project
- technical, ensure work is designed and carried out correctly