Benefits to your business of advertising on our website
Our website can give your company great exposure to the residents, visitors and businesses of Sheffield.
Each year our website is viewed by around 2 million* different visitors/devices, that’s over 4 million* visits and 13 million* hits (page views). *Source: Google Analytics.
Different audiences use our website for a range of services every day including:
- Pay Council Tax
- Check bin collection day
- Check recycling centre opening times
- Borrow library books, music and films
- Submit and view planning applications
- Check road works and report issues
- Check school holiday dates
- Apply for a school place
- Research family history
- Register births, marriages and deaths
- Business and developer guidance
- Tourist information
Why we offer advertising on our website
Council budgets have been cut in recent years and this may continue, so to pay for and improve our website we must explore different ways to generate income.
By displaying adverts we can:
- Promote our online services and local not-for-profit organisations
- Receive income from national and local companies, and reinvest it in the website
Displaying adverts for national and local companies does not mean we endorse them.
Advertise on our website
We use the Council Advertising Network (CAN) to source adverts on our website.
If you are looking to place advertisements on our websites and would like more information then please email email@example.com.
Sheffield based not-for-profit organisations can request adverts too, email firstname.lastname@example.org.Default Message
All advertisements are subject to approval before they are placed on the Council's website.
We reserve the right to refuse to promote or to remove any individual advertisement, which, in our opinion is considered inappropriate. The suitability of individual advertisers may be checked with our Trading Standards department.
All adverts must adhere to the codes of conduct laid down by the Advertising Standards Authority and must not conflict with our aims and priorities.
The Advertising Standards Authority's Code includes provisions that marketing communications:
- Must be legal, decent, honest and truthful
- Must not bring advertising into disrepute, in addition must not bring the Council into disrepute
- Must conform to the Code
- Must respect the principles of fair competition
Advertising will also be subject to the Code of Practice on Local Government Publicity and the requirements of the Financial Services Authority.
We do not endorse any advertised product or service
The promotion of any advertisement on our website should not been seen as an official endorsement or recommendation of that advertiser's products or services.
We don’t support or endorse any company or organisation who advertise on our website.
We are not responsible for the quality or reliability of the product or services
We are not responsible for the quality or reliability of the product or services offered within any advertisement. We would never knowingly run an advertisement that is misleading, offensive, untrue or fraudulent.
We don’t accept responsibility for errors, omissions or for any consequences arising when visiting third party websites when following an advertising link.
Most products and services may be promoted on our website, however, some specific categories of products and services are prohibited as defined below.
This list is not comprehensive and may be changed at any time.
- Prohibited organisations
- Lobby groups
- Manufacturers and distributors of alcohol and tobacco products
- Manufacturers and distributors of drugs and pharmaceutical products
- Manufacturers and distributors of weaponry and related products
- Organisations in financial or legal conflict with ourselves
- Political organisations
Prohibited products and services
- Gambling and betting
- Pornography and adult services
- Weaponry or violence