We are building retirement living homes in Parson Cross. There will be 1 and 2 bedroom apartments and bungalows available for people over 60. We expect them to be available from March 2022.
What living at Buchanan Green will be like
Enjoy accessible, modern apartments with help and support if you need it. On site facilities include:
- private residents’ lounge
- green outdoor space for growing, gardening and socialising
- communal space for different activities that can also be hired for special events
- café with drinks and snacks, full meals and catering for special occasions - your family and friends are welcome
- guest flat with ensuite bathroom for family and friends
- wi-fi in communal areas
- communal laundry facilities
- separate indoor storage for mobility scooters with charging facilities
There will be lots of opportunities for you to get involved, try different hobbies and make new friends. Our facilities will be available to local groups who can offer varied and exciting activities for our residents.
What support you will receive
You'll receive round the clock care, including:
- a caretaking team to keep all the communal areas clean and safe
- out of hours concierge to provide a point of contact for all visitors
- housing staff will provide advice and support
- care team will provide care as your needs change over time
Who can live at Buchanan Green
The homes will be available to anyone aged 60 or over who is on our Council Housing Register. You may also be able to live here if you are in an Older People’s Independent Living with Care scheme.
If you live in a Council home with more bedrooms than you need we may offer you priority to move. If you have a care need, you will also need a care assessment through Adult Social Care.
Our other sheltered housing schemes
We run retirement homes and sheltered housing schemes in Sheffield. Find out what else we have available.