You will need to notify us if your club wants to:
- change the name of the club
- change the registered address of the club
- make alterations to the rules of the club
Further details regarding the law around these changes can be found at Section 82 & 83 – Licensing Act 2003.
Who can notify us of a change
The secretary of the club must give us notice of any change in the name, address, or alterations made to the rules of the club within 28 days.
It costs £10.50 to change a club premises certificate.
What you need to provide with your notification
The notification should include:
- details the name change or change to club rules
- the club premises certificate or, if that is not practical, a statement of the reasons for the failure to produce the certificate
- the relevant fee
What happens once you submit a notification
There is no set application process as your notice will take effect immediately provided that all relevant documentation and the appropriate fee is attached.
Once we receive your notification, we will endeavour to process and update your certificate within 14 days.
Tacit consent will apply
This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you have not heard from us by the end of the 14 day period
How to make a notification
You can notify us online.
How to make a complaint
Members of the public who are experiencing problems with club premises can contact us for advice.