Sheffield hosts between 45 and 50 major sporting events every year, with the majority being held in our state of the art facilities.
Volunteers are an essential component of our operational delivery for sporting events.
- team liaison
- IT operator
- meet and greet personnel
- merchandise sales
- promotion distribution
If you would like to volunteer at an event please contact us.
Criminal Records Bureau check
All volunteers have to complete a Criminal Records Bureau check, this is free of charge.
- the principles set out by the 1998 Data Protection Act will be respected and all volunteer records will be treated with the same confidentiality as the records of paid-staff
- volunteer recruitment and appointments will be dealt with well in advance of each event
- at all events staffed by Major Sports Event Unit volunteers, qualified supervision will be in place and potential health and safety issues addressed
- before an event, all volunteers will be familiarised with the venue and briefed to clarify their duties
- all reasonable travel expenses will be paid
- event t-shirts or polo shirts will be provided
- where appropriate, volunteers will be given breaks in their shift and a food allowance or meal voucher