Get help paying your rent

Over the past few months, millions of people have experienced increases in the cost of living, including rises in petrol, food and utility prices.

Whilst you should still pay your council housing rent, we understand some people’s circumstances have changed and you may now be struggling.

If you are struggling to pay your rent and are in arrears or have been served a Notice Seeking Possession, please contact us to discuss your circumstances.

How we can help

There are lots of ways we can help:

  • provide advice about benefits and maximising your income
  • help with claims for grants or discretionary payments
  • set up a payment plan that suits you so you can pay arrears over time
  • signpost you to other agencies for specialised debt support

We will look at each case individually and come up with solutions that work for you.

Contact us on 0114 293 0000 to find out how we can help.

    It is important that you get in touch as soon as possible if you are having difficulty paying your rent or arrears to avoid any potential legal action.

    Independent advice

    If you would prefer to get independent advice you can:

    Contact Council Housing Service

    0114 293 0000
    Monday to Friday
    8am to 5:30pm
    Housing and Neighbourhood Service
    PO Box 5967
    S2 9GH

    Want to talk to someone right now?

    Is this page helpful?

    Is this page helpful?