Request a Community Trigger

If you have reported anti-social behaviour and you are concerned that not enough is being done, you can raise a ‘Community Trigger’.

The Community Trigger gives you, or someone acting on your behalf, the right to request a review of your case by ourselves, the Police and any other relevant organisations. The review will focus on working together to find a solution.

To use the Community Trigger, one of the following thresholds must apply:

  • you have reported 3 separate incidents relating to the same or similar issue of anti-social behaviour within the last 6 months
  • 5 different households have separately reported the same anti-social behaviour issue within the last 6 months

If you request a Community Trigger and you meet the above criteria, we will ensure that our relevant teams carry out a thorough review of your case, alongside the Police and other organisations which have been involved.

Depending on who you have reported the issue to and who has been involved, this might include:

  • our Council Housing Service
  • our Environmental Protection Service
  • your landlord if you are a housing tenant

We will then let you know our findings and tell you what will happen next.

Community Triggers received in Sheffield

We are required to publish the following information about Community Triggers each year. The information below relates to the period from 1 April 2021 until 31 March 2022:

  • the number of Community Triggers received in Sheffield was 22
  • the number of times we decided that the threshold for a review was not met was 2
  • the number of Community Trigger reviews we carried out was 4
  • the number of Community Trigger reviews carried out that have resulted in recommendations being made was 4 (we aim to make recommendations in all cases, regardless of whether or not the review concludes that the organisations involved should have done more to investigate and resolve the problem)
  • the number of Community Trigger reviews in progress is 7
  • the number of Community Trigger reviews not carried out as there was a resolution in advance of the review was 9

The Community Trigger does not replace our complaints procedure. If you have a specific complaint about the way we have dealt with your case, you can make a complaint.

If your complaint is about another organisation, such as the Police or your landlord, you should contact them for details about how to complain.

Contact Customer Services

1 Union Street
Howden House
S1 2SH

Is this page helpful?

Is this page helpful?