Give notice to demolish a building

Anyone intending to carry out demolition works in the city needs to notify us. You will need to fill out the 'Notice of Intention to Demolish a Building' form and return the completed form via email, post or in person. As well as the completed form we will need a site location plan.

A Counter Notice (DEM 2 Forms) indicating conditions will then be issued to assist you in dealing with relevant health and safety issues.

We will:

  • carry out an appropriate inspection when considered necessary
  • notify you if the building is Listed, or in a Conservation Area, or affects a Listed Building
  • consult and co-ordinate with relevant parties as appropriate

Where considered necessary, during and after demolition, inspections will be carried out in accordance with current Building Control policy. This work is processed in accordance with BSI quality procedures.

Construction Design Management (CDM)

We provide a CDM Principal Designer service. Please contact us for more information.

Contact Building Control Services

4th Floor
1 Union Street
S1 2SH

Want to talk to someone right now?

Is this page helpful?

Is this page helpful?