Request a H road marking

The 'H' road marking is used to discourage other drivers from parking across or blocking your drive or property access road. The markings are only advisory and are not legally enforceable by the Council or the police in the same way that yellow lines are, but they have successfully prevented blocked driveways and access roads at many locations throughout Sheffield. 


You need to make a non-refundable payment of £125 with your application. This doesn't guarantee that your application will be accepted. If your application is accepted then you'll make a further payment to cover the cost of providing the road markings.

Current costs are:

  • £125 application fee
  • £127 cost of road marking

These charges are reviewed annually and are subject to change.

How to apply

You will need to complete the application form and return it to: Traffic Regulations, Howden House, 1 Union Street, Sheffield, S1 2SH

You can pay for your application by sending a cheque in the post with your completed form or choose to pay by debit card or internet on your form and we'll be in touch about making the payment.

It could take up to 12 weeks for your application to be processed and up to another 12 weeks for our contractor to paint your road markings.

Repainting existing markings

If your 'H' markings need to be repainted please contact us on 0114 273 6894. The repainting charge is currently £127 but may be subject to change.

Contact Traffic Regulations (Parking Restrictions) Team


Want to talk to someone right now?

Is this page helpful?

Is this page helpful?