Apply for a disabled person's travel pass

If you don’t automatically qualify for a disabled pass with Travel South Yorkshire, you can apply to us. If you can prove you meet additional criteria we'll issue a letter of entitlement.

Automatic qualification with Travel South Yorkshire

Apply with Travel South Yorkshire if you receive:

  • Higher rate mobility component of Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP) with an award of at least 8 points in either Moving Around or Communicating Verbally
  • War Pensioner’s mobility supplement
  • A Blue badge parking permit

If you don’t automatically qualify

We can issue a letter that will entitle you to a free disabled pass if you can provide evidence that you.

  • are blind or partially sighted
  • are deaf
  • are without speech
  • have a disability or suffered an injury, which has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on your ability to walk
  • do not have arms or have lost the use of your arms
  • would be denied a driving licence on medical grounds (but not drugs or alcohol misuse)
  • have a learning disability (local council registered)

If eligible and in receipt of certain higher level benefits, you may qualify for a ‘with carer’ pass. A carer can then travel with you free of charge.

What the travel pass entitles you to

A disabled person's travel pass entitles people to free travel at all times within South Yorkshire on:

  • local bus services, trams and trains
  • Northern Rail services between South Yorkshire and West Yorkshire
  • buses throughout England at off-peak times. (These are between 9.30am and 11pm weekdays, all day at weekends and on Bank Holidays)

Travel passes are issued free of charge by Travel South Yorkshire.

Contact Customer Services

1 Union Street
Howden House
S1 2SH
0114 273 4567
Monday to Friday
8am to 6pm

Is this page helpful?

Is this page helpful?