Request a dropped kerb

If you want to drop a kerb to make it easier for vehicles to access your site (for example home, business), you need our permission first.


We charge £120 for domestic applications and £230 for light industrial applications.

If the location of the proposed dropped kerb is on a classified road, in a conservation area or for a listed building you'll first need planning permission. Find out how to apply for planning permission.

Apply for a dropped kerb

To apply for a dropped kerb, you'll need to fill out the domestic vehicular crossing application form.

Our current turnaround time for applications is around 10 weeks.

We can only take online payments and applications for vehicle crossing requests.

Doing the work

If we give permission, you should arrange for a qualified highway contractor to drop the kerb.

All works are carried out at your own expense.

Highway contractors must have Street Works qualifications and £2 million public liability insurance.

Request a copy of the certificate of permission

Copies of previously granted permission can be provided for a fee of £40. To request a copy email us at

Contact Vehicular Crossings and Dropped Kerbs

Want to talk to someone right now?

Is this page helpful?

Is this page helpful?