Sheffield City Council
- Lord Mayor: Cllr Magid Magid
- Deputy Lord Mayor: Cllr Tony Downing
- Leader of the Council: Cllr Julie Dore
- Deputy Leader of the Council: Cllr Olivia Blake
- Leader of the Liberal Democrats Group: Cllr Shaffaq Mohammed
- Deputy Leader of the Liberal Democrats Group: Cllr Penny Baker
- Speaker for the Green Group: Cllr Rob Murphy
- Leader of the UKIP Group: Cllr Jack Clarkson
Sheffield City Council Cabinet Members
- Cllr Julie Dore: Leader of the Council (Chair)
- Cllr Olivia Blake: Cabinet Member for Finance and Deputy Leader
- Cllr Lewis Dagnall: Cabinet Member for Environment and Streetscene
- Cllr Jackie Drayton: Cabinet Member for Children & Families
- Cllr Jayne Dunn: Cabinet Member for Education & Skills
- Cllr Mazher Iqbal: Cabinet Member for Business and Investment
- Cllr Mary Lea: Cabinet Member for Culture, Parks and Leisure
- Cllr Chris Peace: Cabinet Member for Health and Social Care
- Cllr Jim Steinke: Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Community Safety
In Sheffield, there are 84 elected Councillors with 3 Councillors for each of the 28 Wards:
- Labour – 53 (including 3 Labour and Co-operative)
- Liberal Democrats – 22
- Green – 6
- UKIP - 3
Members of Parliament for Sheffield
There are 6 Members of Parliament (MPs) for Sheffield:
- Ms Gill Furniss (Brightside and Hillsborough)
- Mr Paul Blomfield (Central)
- Mr Jared O’Mara (Hallam)
- Ms Louise Haigh (Heeley)
- Mr Clive Betts (Sheffield South East)
- Angela Smith (Penistone and Stocksbridge)
Brightside & Hillsborough
Gill Furniss, MP, Shirecliffe Community Centre, 349 Shirecliffe Road, Sheffield, S5 8XJ
Constituency Office Telephone Number: 0114 234 9079
- Firth Park
- Shiregreen & Brightside
Mr Paul Blomfield (Labour), Unit 4, Edmund Road Business Park, 135 Edmund Road, Sheffield, S2 4ED
Telephone: 0114 272 2882
- Manor Castle
- Nether Edge
Jared O’Mara MP (Labour), c/o House of Commons, Westminster, London, SW1A 0AA
Telephone: 02072 194298
- Dore & Totley
Ms Louise Haigh (Labour), 63 Chesterfield Road, Sheffield, S8 0RL
Telephone: 0114 250 8113
- Beauchief &Greenhill
- Gleadless Valley
- Graves Park
Sheffield South East
Mr Clive Betts (Labour), Sheffield Office, 1st Floor, Barkers Pool House, Burgess Street, Sheffield, S1 2HF
Telephone: 0114 275 7788
Penistone & Stocksbridge
Angela Smith (Labour), 2 Maria House, 3 Fox Valley Way, Stocksbridge, Sheffield, S36 2AA
Telephone: 0114 283 1855
Fax: 0114 283 1850
Surgeries by appointment only. Please call 0114 283 1855.
This constituency is shared with Barnsley, only the Sheffield wards are listed below.
- East Ecclesfield
- West Ecclesfield
- Stocksbridge & Upper Don
Members of European Parliament for Yorkshire and the Humber
There are 6 Members of the European Parliament (MEPs) for Yorkshire and the Humber:
- Jane Collins (UKIP)
- Linda McAvan (Labour)
- John Procter (Conservative)
- Amjad Bashir (Conservative)
- Richard Corbett (Labour)
- Mike Hookem (UKIP)
We operate a Members' Allowances Scheme and each Member (Councillor) receives a Basic Allowance. The Scheme also includes Special Responsibility Allowances paid for particular duties.
The Scheme is set out in the Council’s Constitution.
Expenses are only reimbursed where incurred on “approved duties” and relate to travel, subsistence and dependent carers’ costs.
Councillors' allowances are published on a monthly basis and you can download and view them below.
Joint Bodies Members' Allowances
Sheffield City Council appoints Councillors to serve on joint bodies and several of those bodies also pay allowances to their Members.
Members of the South Yorkshire Pensions Authority receive allowances from their constituent authority, and details of the amount of allowances paid to the Sheffield Councillors who serve on that Authority are included in the downloadable documents below.
The South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Authority operates its own Members' Allowances Scheme.
Members of the South Yorkshire Police and Crime Panel receive an allowance of £920 per annum, paid by the host authority (Rotherham MBC).
Independent Remuneration Panel
Prior to 1 April each year, we have to agree a Members’ Allowances Scheme for the forthcoming financial year.
At least every 4 years, an Independent Remuneration Panel has to consider the Scheme and make recommendations to us. However, it is for us to decide on the Members’ Allowances Scheme that is put in place, having regard to the Panel’s recommendations.
You can download the latest report, along with the decision taken by us in response to the report.
Sheffield’s Panel comprises 4 members, drawn from the public, private, and voluntary, community and faith sectors. The present membership of the Panel and their terms of office is:
- David Baldwin, former Health Service Executive (to 06.02.19)
- Edward Fleming, former Independent Co-optee on the Standards Committee (to 06.02.20)
- Mark Power, Group Risk Manager, SIG Plc (to 06.02.21)
- one vacancy
Register of Members' Interests
Councillors are required by the Members’ Code of Conduct to register their Disclosable Pecuniary Interests and other interests.
They must also declare any gifts or hospitality which they have accepted over the value of £50 within 28 days of acceptance.
These declarations form the Statutory Register of Members' Interests which the Council has to maintain.
As part of our commitment to demonstrating that we are as open and transparent as possible, you can view Councillors’ individual register of interests and on their webpages.
The Register of Members' Interests is also open for inspection by the public during normal office hours at the Town Hall, Pinstone Street, Sheffield.