Helps to promote awareness of adult abuse and develop a better public understanding:
- involves service users in the development of our policies and services
- takes the lead responsibility for conducting serious case reviews in Sheffield
The following organisations are members of our partnership:
- Sheffield City Council
- NHS Sheffield
- Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
- Sheffield Health and Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- South Yorkshire Police
- South Yorkshire Probation Board
- Yorkshire Ambulance Service NHS Trust
- voluntary, community and faith sector representatives
- independent sector
- representatives of users of our services
Adult Safeguarding Review
If a vulnerable adult dies or experiences serious harm, the Sheffield Adult Safeguarding Partnership (SASP) Board will consider if a serious case review or case review is required.
Currently, there is no statutory duty to undertake reviews, but we feel that they evidence best practice and a commitment to improve safeguarding adults services within Sheffield.
From 1 April 2015, reviews became mandatory when the Care Act 2014 came into effect.
Please see our guidance for more information.