We provide a range of business databases, trade publications, business literature and guides to support your business information needs.
Business & company information
- business & market research databases include MINT and Avention/OneSource
- British Standards
- selection of business reference books
- protecting your ideas with Patents, trademarks, design and copyright – we are a member of PATLIB UK
- guidance on applying for IP
- current and past editions of newspapers and journals and also free eLibrary services eg Newsbank
- researching your market
- GB historical patents from 1617 to 1900. Copies available on request for a charge
- networking area including study space and private Business Pods
We have copies of the following:
- Construction & Property
- Social Enterprise Green & Ethical Business Opportunities
Free workshops & networking events
- Patent Clinics
- Innovator in Residence
- Trade Marks Clinics
- Research Your Market!
- Introduction to Copyright
- Know Your IP!
- First Steps to Marketing Clinics
- Introduction to Social Media for Business
We can provide a bespoke mailing list service, for a small fee, which utilises the business database MINTUK. This service is especially useful for anyone interested in locating potential suppliers, compiling a directory of useful addresses, researching the competition or conducting a business analysis by region or industry.
Business & marketing databases
We can give you access to the following business databases at the centre. Cobra and Newsbank can also be accessed for free 24/7 with your library card.
Has an extensive range of topics and ideas related to starting up, running or supporting the development of small firms, including practical how-to guides.
Keynote Business Insight database
Allows access to thousands of reports spanning every major market, each providing valuable market insight.
A comprehensive database of company information and unincorporated businesses throughout the world. You can access financial information, industry research, director and key contact details, peer groups and comparisons. Global Market research reports are available.
MINT database provides detailed financial analysis and corporate information for UK-based companies.
Search for business and financial news and articles in national and local newspapers including The Star, Yorkshire Post, Financial Times and The Guardian.