You can live in sheltered housing if you are 60 or over.
Sheltered housing provides convenient and comfortable accommodation with added security, where residents have their own front door and can come and go as they please.
What we offer
We offer the following accommodation:
- self-contained flats
- studio apartments
They include communal facilities such as laundry, kitchen, lounge for social activities, gardens, security and safety features, and 24 hour emergency response through City Wide Alarms.
The benefits of sheltered housing
- good quality housing
- security and independence
- peace of mind, with help on hand in emergencies
- a support plan to meet individual needs
- company when you want it
- being part of a community
Being involved in communal activities can contribute to healthy ageing. You can participate as much or as little as you choose. You have guaranteed privacy but plenty of people nearby and a range of social activities, such as coach trips or theatre visits.
In most schemes, there is a communal lounge where coffee mornings and activities like keep fit, craft sessions, luncheon clubs and bingo can be organised.
- John Trickett House, Chapeltown - one bed flats and bungalows
- Ernest Copley House, High Green - one bed flats
- Charles Square, High Green - two bed bungalows
- Eva Ratcliffe House, Ecclesfield - one bed flats
- Ernest Fox House, Grenoside - flats and bungalows
- Kinsey Road, High Green - one bed flats
- Newgate Close, High Green - one bed and two bed flats
- Helliwell Court, Deepcar - studio and one bed flats
- Balfour House, Stocksbridge - studio and one bed flats
- Westnall House, Oughtibridge - one bed flats
- Manor House, Stannington - one bed flats
- Park View Lodge, Hillsborough - studio and one bed flats
- Roscoe Court, Stannington - one and two bed flats
- St George's Court, Netherthorpe - studio and one bed flats
- Cherry Tree, Nether Edge - studio and one bed flats
- Low Edges, Low Edges - studio and one bed flats
- Crabtree Grange, Fir Vale - studio and one bed flats
- Painted Fabrics, Meadowhead - studio and one bed flats
- Cambridge Court, Heeley - studio and one bed flats
- Callow Mount, Heeley - one bed flats
- Mount View Lodge, Norton Lees - studio and one bed flats
- Orpen House, Norton - studio and one bed flats
- Newton Croft, Woodhouse - studio and one bed flats
- Holly Bank, Intake - studio and one bed flats
- Welwyn Court, Gleadless - studio and one bed flats
- Elm Tree House, Ridgeway - studio and one bed flats
- Springwater House, Hackenthorpe - studio and one bed flats
- Blackwell Park, Hyde Park - one bed flats
- Blackberry Hamlet, Mosborough - one bed flats
- Lytton Court, Parson Cross - one bed flats
New scheme at Buchanan Green
We are building new retirement living homes at Parson Cross. We expect the purpose-built apartments and bungalows to be available from March 2022. To find out more, please read the attached Buchanan Green brochure.
Visiting our schemes
You can call us on 0114 293 0000 to arrange a visit or read our Sheltered Housing leaflet to find out more about the accommodation available.
How to access sheltered housing
You can find out who can stay in our sheltered schemes on our How to access sheltered housing page.