Pay by Direct Debit
Save time with a safe, worry free payment and relax knowing the bill will be paid. Choose the date to pay and spread your payments over 10 or 12 months.
Pay online with a debit card
If you wish to make a single Council Tax payment it's quicker and easier to pay your Council Tax online.
You will need:
- Your council tax reference number
- A debit card (we do not accept credit cared payments)
Please be aware It takes around 5 working days to receive your payment. Set your payment date to be at least 5 days before the due date on your bill.
Pay Council Tax by phone
You can pay your Council Tax bill over the phone using our Automated Telephone Payments system which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Payments can be made by debit card and will be credited to your account the same day.
To pay, phone 0114 273 5249.
You will need your:
- Council Tax reference number
- debit card
- a pen and paper if you wish to record the receipt number
You will be asked a series of questions and you will respond by pressing the appropriate numbers on your telephone's key pad.
This service can also be used to pay Business Rates, car parking fines and invoices.
Forgotten to pay
If you have forgotten to pay and the due date has passed, pay now over the phone by debit card.
Pay by Standing Order
Use the following details to set up a Standing Order:
- bank name: Barclays Bank (2-12 Pinstone Street, Sheffield, S1 2HN)
- account number: 03027376
- sort code: 20-77-18
- reference: your Council Tax number
Pay using your bill
Use the barcode on your bill to pay at:
- Post Office: by cash up to a value of £1,000 or by cheque up to the same value at certain post offices only
- PayPoint outlet with cash up to a value of £200
Generating a barcode
If you would like to pay via cash using the Post Office or PayPoint outlets but do not have the barcode from your bill please use the following form to generate a barcode. You can then either print this page or store it on your mobile device to scan at the post office.