Bulky waste collection

If you have large items that you need to get rid of, like furniture and electrical goods, you can use our bulky waste collection service. You can also take bulky waste to one of our household waste recycling centres.

Bulky waste collection service

We will collect up to 12 items of bulky waste from your home. The amount you pay depends on the number of items you need collecting.

Once payment has been received your bulky waste will be collected within 7 working days.

Number of bulky items   Price (including VAT)
1 to 3 £29.60
4 to 6 £49.80
7 to 9 £70
10 to 12 £88.60

Sheffield Housing Service and Housing Association Tenants

There is no charge for the collection of your bulky waste if you are a tenant of Sheffield City Council, Together Housing, and Acis or if you are a Great Places or Sanctuary tenant living in a property transferred from the Council. The cost of the service is paid for through your rent payment. 

There may be some limits to how many collections a year you can have:

  • Sheffield City Council and Great Places tenants are limited to one free collection of up to 12 items in any twelve month period
  • ACIS tenants are limited to one collection of up to 9 items in any twelve month period

After you have had your free collection you can pay for additional collections.

Large collections of more than 12 items or items of a non-domestic nature

There is a chargeable service for the removal of items of a non-domestic nature (fixtures and fittings, including baths). There is a minimum charge of £129.70 and may require a manager to visit and provide an estimate of charges. Call us for more information and to arrange a collection.

Donate unwanted items to charity

Someone may make use of your unwanted items such as furniture or electrical appliances. If your unwanted items are in good condition then you could consider giving them to a charity.

Contact Waste Management

5th Floor (North)
Howden House
1 Union Street
S1 2SH

Want to talk to someone right now?

Is this page helpful?

Is this page helpful?