Commercial noise

If you’re experiencing excessive noise form a commercial property (such as a pub, club, restaurant or cafe) you can report it to us.

Excessive noise can come from:

  • amplified music, loud speakers, TVs
  • externally mounted air conditioning and air extraction units
  • beer gardens, children’s play areas and customers in outside areas
  • deliveries, cleaning and recycling

What we can do

We’ll work with the business to improve the situation. If we need to we’ve got Statutory Nuisance powers we can use. We can also work with other Council departments such as Licensing and Building Standards to control noise pollution.

Is this page helpful?

Is this page helpful?