Since our contract with Sheffield Futures finished at the end of September 2020, we are now running some of the services previously provided by them in house.
The move is part of our strategic planning to run services internally where possible. Around 100 staff from Sheffield Futures are now council employees, so you may see some of the people you work with have a change to email address for their work. Mobile phone numbers will be redirected and should remain the same.
If you have any questions about the transfer of services please do get in touch. We’re looking forward to working with a wide range of excellent partners across the city to support and guide Sheffield’s young people towards successful adulthood.
What services have been transferred
The services that were transferred over are:
- Community Youth Teams
- Young people sexual exploitation services
- SEND Careers, Information, Advice and Guidance
- youth work commissioned through this contract, including youth clubs
- Youth Cabinet
- missing young people Return Home Interview team
- engagement and progression for young people Not in Education, Employment and Training (NEET) or at risk of NEET
Sheffield Futures will continue to provide valuable services for the young people of Sheffield through their other services. More information on these services can be found at https://www.sheffieldfutures.org.uk.