If you're expecting a baby or have children under 5 years old, you can access a range of support and services at your local family centre (previously known as children's centres).
There are 7 centres, which together with their outreach sites, cover all areas of Sheffield.
What's on varies according to the needs of the local community but typically you can come to:
- preparation for parenthood groups
- health support and clinics run by Midwives and Health Visitors
- toddler groups
- fun learning activities with your family
and get help and support with:
- getting into training and work
- information and advice about feeding your baby, healthy eating for your family, active lifestyles, 2 year old dental care, home safety etc.
- free and low cost healthy start vitamins
- registering your child’s birth (by appointment at selected centres only)