If you're expecting a baby or have children under 5 years old, you can access a range of support and services at your local family centre (previously known as children's centres).
You can attend any event at any family centre.
There are 7 centres which, together with their outreach sites, cover all areas of Sheffield:
- Early Days Family Centre
- First Start Family Centre
- Darnall Family Centre
- Shortbrook Family Centre
- Valley Park Family Centre
- Sharrow Family Centre
- Primrose Family Centre
What's on varies according to the needs of the local community but typically you can come to:
- preparation for parenthood groups
- health support and clinics run by Midwives and Health Visitors
- toddler groups
- fun learning activities with your family
You can get help and support with:
- getting into training and work
- information and advice about feeding your baby, healthy eating for your family, active lifestyles, 2 year old dental care, home safety etc.
- free and low cost healthy start vitamins
- registering your child’s birth (by appointment at selected centres only)