Children's University Events
We deliver a range of exciting activities and events together with Learning Destinations. The events take place throughout the year in Sheffield.
At these events children and young people can:
- take part
- learn something new, and
- earn learning credits for their Passport to Learning
Holiday Activity Newsletter
We produce a newsletter for each school holiday, which includes activity information from some of our Learning Destinations.
We run Forest School-type activities and programmes to children in their schools. We can deliver tailored sessions for school staff as well as groups of pupils.
- den building
- tree climbing
- team games
- environmental education
- craft activities
- cooking on an open fire
- using tools (such as bow saws, hand drills, knives)
- woodwork and crafting items (such as kazoos, benches and medallions)
Research has demonstrated the benefits of repeated visits to the same woodland site.
It supports the development of:
- sound social and emotional skills
- and fosters a love of the outdoors
Contact us to discuss how we can deliver Forest School sessions to your pupils and staff