Key services over Christmas 2020
On the 29, 30 and 31 December 2020 we are providing a reduced number of services. This will effect:
- collecting stray dogs
- problems with drains. Please contact Yorkshire Water on 0845 124 2429. They will direct you to us if are assistance is required
- reporting ringing alarms for domestic and commercial premises - the night time noise service is not available over the Christmas period
- urgent pest control services including rats and mice, cockroaches, bed bugs and others detrimental to health
If you need help with any of these issues please call 0114 203 7410 between 8.45am and 4.45pm. We can only help with those things listed above. Services will return to normal (within COVID-19 restrictions) on Monday 4 January 2021.
If you’re experiencing excessive noise form a commercial property (such as a pub, club, restaurant or cafe) you can report it to us.
Excessive noise can come from:
- amplified music, loud speakers, TVs
- externally mounted air conditioning and air extraction units
- beer gardens, children’s play areas and customers in outside areas
- deliveries, cleaning and recycling
What we can do
We’ll work with the business to improve the situation. If we need to we’ve got Statutory Nuisance powers we can use. We can also work with other Council departments such as Licensing and Building Standards to control noise pollution.