If you are aware of a public or privately owned building or structure in Sheffield that could pose a potential hazard you can report it to us.
We will carry out an inspection and take any necessary action to sort the problem out. Examples of incidents that may cause a hazard to the public or their property are:
- badly maintained boundary or retaining walls adjacent to a general public right of way
- buildings with loose slates that may fall into the street
- unoccupied premises that may have become unsafe due to vandalism
- trees which may have become unsafe due to adverse weather conditions
However, we don’t deal with everything that is unsafe, for example:
- timber fences
- domestic garden sheds
- external parts of a building or structure that would fall into private rear gardens
Urgent out of hours' issues
If you have an urgent issue regarding the safety of a structure and this is outside of our normal working hours, please call South Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service on 0114 272 7202, or South Yorkshire Police on 101. If there is imminent danger to life please ring 999.