Millhouses Park is around 3.5 miles from the city centre. It has great play, sport and café facilities. It has been a public park for over 100 years.
Admission and opening times
There is no admission charge and Millhouses park is open all day.
Features and facilities
- disabled parking area
- toilets available in the Museum
- pay and display car park off Abbeydale Road South
- Millhouses Park Cafe
- Open 9am to 5pm everyday
- food, drink and ice cream
- 2 padder tennis courts and 6 full sized tarmac courts
- available throughout summer and a double court open throughout the winter for casual use
- book courts using Premier Tennis
- open are open at weekends and during school holidays from April to October
- boats are available for hire, inclusive boats available for all needs
- you can sail model boats all year round and the lake is home to the Sheffield Model Boat Society
- basketball and mini football
- all-weather Notts turf football pitch
- free and open all year round
Other sports and activities
- outdoor gym equipment
- bike track
- water splash play pond
- zip line
- climbing wall
- skate park
- bowling green
Getting to the park
There are a number of entrances to Millhouses Park, the main ones being off Abbeydale Road South.
Walking and cycling
The park is around one hour's walk or a 25 minute bike ride from the city centre.
A number of different bus services operate down Abbeydale Road South which you can take to go to the park.
About the park
Millhouses Park covers approximately 12.87 hectares and contains a large and varied mixture of native and ornamental tree species, both broadleaved and coniferous. It is situated between Abbeydale Road South on its northern boundary and Hutcliffe Wood on its southern boundary.
The park forms part of the River Sheaf corridor, which leads towards Sheffield's city centre. In the centre of the park there are formal flower beds offering a quiet and reflective area where park users can relax. There is a sensory garden with flowers, shrubs, herbs and other landscape features designed to stimulate the senses.