There are various fitness classes and sports coaching activities taking part in parks across Sheffield.
To find out what’s happening in your area, follow us on Facebook or on Twitter and Instagram. Alternatively, you can subscribe to the Parks and Countryside News Bulletin.
Organising a fitness activity in our parks
To organise a fitness class or sports coaching activity in one of our parks, you must get permission from us and meet certain conditions. To enquire, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, giving a minimum notice of 10 working days to be considered. You will need to pay the site fee in advance.
The essential requirements for a fitness or coaching activity are (but not limited to):
- Liability Insurance to the minimum value of £5m cover (£10m if the activity involves children)
- Employee Liability Insurance (if necessary)
- Disclosure Barring Service check/overview (DBS)
- risk assessment (including Covid-19 secure measures)
- relevant qualifications/certificates
- first aid certificate
- price list
There are free outdoor gyms across Sheffield in various parks and green spaces.
- Addy Street
- Chapeltown Park
- Charnock Recreation Ground
- Dyche Lane
- Dyke Vale Open Space
- Endcliffe Park, Ecclesall Road
- Green Oak Recreation Ground
- Hollinsend Recreation Ground
- Lydgate Lane
- Millhouses Park
- Richmond Park
- Ruskin Park
- St George's Court
- Tannery Close/Skelton Lane