There are a variety of cycling routes in and around the city, as well as cycling groups that you can join.
Plan your route
You can use our maps of city cycle routes to plan your ride.
Remember to wear reflective clothing and use front and back lights in the dark so that drivers can see you.
Sheffield is known as the outdoor city, so you can find plenty of groups who organise cycle rides. Cycle groups include
- Outdoor City: Ride, you can find Sheffield events, routes, cycling communities, ideas, and equipment reviews
- Ride Social, meet people to ride with and find free rides to join
- Sheffield District Cyclists’ Touring Club (CTC), enjoy a graded cycling route (including a café stop) in various locations around our region with a friendly group using the motto ‘no one is left behind’
- Immotion Events, use the map to find travel-related events in South Yorkshire
- Sheffield Friday night ride, celebrate cycling and Sheffield
- Bike Library, donate your own, or your child's, old bike to a Bike Library for loan to children and families