Church weddings

If you wish to be married in the Church of England you will need to speak to the vicar of the church in which you wish to marry. There is usually no need to involve your local register office.

Catholic and other religious weddings

If you wish to have a religious ceremony other than in the Church of England, you should usually:

  • arrange to see the person in charge of marriages at the building
  • live in the same district as the church or religious building
  • give notice at the Register Office, unless one of you is subject to immigration control

Contact Register Office - Weddings

Town Hall
Pinstone Street
S1 2HH

Want to talk to someone right now?