Applying for a Children's Travel Pass
Due to the high number of applications it may take up to 28 working days to process your application. To ensure your application is dealt with as quickly as possible, you should upload any required documentation at the time of making your application. We thank you for your patience.
Your child could be entitled to free travel to and from school in South Yorkshire with a Children's Zero Fare Pass.
You can apply for a pass if:
- your child is aged 5 or over, and attending a publicly funded school in Sheffield (or within the Sheffield City Council's authority)
- your child has Special Education Needs (SEN)
- your child has an Education, Healthcare and Care plan (EHC)
- your child is in foster care
- your child is aged 8 and over and has to walk more than 3 miles to school
- your child is from a low income family, is aged 8 to 11 years old and walks more than 2 miles to school
- your child is from a low income family, is aged 11 to 16 and attends a qualifying school that is between 2 and 6 miles from home (as long as there are not 3 or more suitable qualifying schools with available places that are nearer to your home)
- your child is from a low income family, is aged 11 to 16 and attending their nearest preferred school on the grounds of religion or belief, between 2 and 15 miles from home
- there may also be exceptional circumstances that could qualify your child for a Zero Fare Travel Pass.
Bear in mind that if a catchment or nearer school has a place available in your child's group, your application for free travel to a school further away may be refused.
Apply for or renew a Children's Zero Fare Pass
You can apply for a new pass or renew an existing one here.
If you've changed your address or school
This could affect the distance your child travels to school. Please apply for a new Zero Fare Travel Pass if your child has changed their address or the school they attend.