If you've changed your address or school
This could affect the distance your child travels to school so please check your eligibility before you apply for a new Children's Travel Pass.
All children between 5 and 16 qualify for free school transport if they go to their nearest available publicly funded school in Sheffield and live at least:
- 2 miles or more, if they're 5 to 8 years old
- 3 miles or more if they're 8 to 16 years old
If you get the maximum Working Tax Credit or your children are entitled to Free School Meals, they'll get free school transport if they're:
- aged 8 to 11 and travel 2 miles or more to their nearest available school
- aged 11 to 16 and travel between 2 and 6 miles to their school, (as long as there are not 3 or more nearer available schools)
- aged 11 to 16 and travel betwen 2 and 15 miles to their nearest available school if the parent chose the school on the grounds of religion, belief
- the child has Special Education Needs (SEN)
- the child has an Education, Healthcare and Care plan (EHC)
- the child is in foster care
Apply for or renew a Children's Travel Pass
You can apply for a new pass or renew an existing one here. It may take up to 28 days to process your application.
Please do not send in photographs using filters, such as Snapchat and Instagram images.
If the application is for the next school year, it needs to be completed by 30 June 2021. If you miss this deadline it may result in the pass not being ready for the start of the September term.
If you choose to take a school place that wasn't the nearest available, you will not be eligible to apply unless you meet the low income and distance criteria.