Applying for a Children's Travel Pass
For the academic year 2019-2020, you need to apply for your Children’s Travel Pass between 31 May and 30 June 2019. If you apply later than this we cannot guarantee that your pass will be ready for the new school term beginning September 2019.
Your child could be entitled to free travel to and from school in South Yorkshire with a Children's Zero Fare Pass.
Zero Fare Pass requirements
You can apply for a pass if:
- your child is attending a publicly funded school in Sheffield (or within the Sheffield City Council's authority)
- your child is aged 5 or over
- your child has Special Education Needs (SEN)
- your child has an Education, Healthcare and Care plan (EHC)
- your child is in foster care
- your child is 8 and over and has to walk more than 3 miles to school
- you're a low income family, your child is 8 to 11 years old and walks more than 2 miles to school
- your child is from a low income family, is aged 11 to 16 and attends a qualifying school that is between 2 and 6 miles from home (as long as there are not 3 or more suitable qualifying schools with available places that are nearer to your home)
- your child is from a low income family, is aged 11 to 16 and attending their nearest preferred school on the grounds of religion or belief, between 2 and 15 miles from home
- there may also be exceptional circumstances that could qualify your child for a Zero Fare Travel Pass.
Bear in mind that if a catchment or nearer school has a place available in your child's group, your application for free travel to a school further away may be refused.
Apply for or renew a Children's Zero Fare Pass
You can apply for a new pass or renew an existing one here. If you're applying for a new pass you should read the requirements first to see if your child can claim free travel.
If you've changed your address or school
This could affect the distance your child travels to school. Please apply for a new Zero Fare Travel Pass if your child has changed their address or the school they attend.