If you've changed your address or school
This could affect the distance your child travels to school so please check your eligibility before you apply for a new Children's Travel Pass.
Children between the age of 5 and 16 (Reception to Y11) may qualify for free school travel support if they go to their nearest available qualifying school in Sheffield and live at least:
- 2 miles or more, if they're 5 to 7 years old
- 3 miles or more if they're 8 to 16 years old
If you get the maximum Working Tax Credit or your children are entitled to Free School Meals, they'll get free school travel support if they're:
- aged 8 to 11 and travel 2 miles or more to their nearest available school
- aged 11 to 16 and travel between 2 and 6 miles to their school, (as long as there are not 3 or more nearer available schools)
- aged 11 to 16 and travel between 2 and 15 miles to their nearest available school if the parent chose the school on the grounds of religion, belief
- aged 13 to 16 and attending a Sheffield-based University Technical College (UTC), if the UTC is two miles or more from their permanent home address
- the child has Special Education Needs (SEN)
- the child has an Education, Healthcare and Care plan (EHC)
- the child is in foster care
Apply for or renew a Children's Travel Pass
You can apply for a new pass or renew an existing one here. It may take up to 28 days to process your application.
Please do not send in photographs using filters, such as Snapchat and Instagram images.