If a change to your home could help you carry out day to day tasks we may be able to help. Our occupational therapists will work with you to decide what adaptations might be suitable for you.
If you want to pay for changes to your home yourself, you can find out what equipment could help and where you can get it on Equipment to help you at home.
Who we can help
We can help you if you are struggling to cope with a health problem in your home and:
- you have a mobility, long-term health need or learning disability and a specific type of housing is required
- you are due to leave hospital but your accommodation isn’t suitable for your needs anymore
- your housing is causing or making your significant mental health problem worse
- you need to move nearer your carer for essential support for daily living
Adaptations we could provide
Depending on your needs, we can make changes to your home including:
- wheelchair access
- lowering kitchen surfaces to wheelchair height
- lifts to access upstairs
- changes to your bathroom
If you are struggling to live in your home and it is not possible to make changes to it, then we can prioritise moving you to social housing that would be suitable for your needs.
Request an assessment
You can ask us for an assessment using our online referral form. We'll use the information you give us to work out how we can help you.
We will respond to your request within 14 days to let you know if you will be assessed and when. If we are not going to offer you an assessment, we will give you advice on where you can find help.
Our waiting list for assessments is currently 12 months. However, if we believe your situation is urgent we will prioritise visiting you within 28 days.