There is support available to keep your home warm and reduce your energy costs. You may be eligible for grants and loans to improve energy efficiency, along with other help towards bills.
Home energy calculator
You can use the ‘Home Energy Check’ to calculate how you could reduce you energy bills easily and quickly. Once you have filled out your Home Energy Check you will receive a report with details on which improvements will work best for you.
Energy grants calculator
The Energy grants calculator helps you work out if you could get financial help with heating costs, insulation, boilers or money for heating costs.
Tips to reduce your fuel bills
There are few simple ways to help reduce your fuel bills. These include:
- draw the curtains at night
- don’t obstruct radiators; allow the heat to circulate
- switch off lights and appliances. Leaving an appliance on standby uses 80% as much energy as it being on
- turndown your central heating thermostat 1oc. This could cut your heating bill by 10%
- make sure your loft is insulated
- fit energy efficient light bulbs