A disabled person's travel pass enables free public transport for those who qualify within the South Yorkshire area. This is open to people aged 5 to 66 years old.
You may be able to qualify for a permit if you:
- are registered blind, partially sighted
- are registered profoundly deaf
- are unable to speak
- have a learning disability registered with Social Services
- have substantial and long-term disabilities or injuries which severely impacts your ability to walk
- are a current blue badge holder
- have lost the use of both arms
- are unable to drive because of a health problem, such as autism or epilepsy
- have, or currently suffer from, a psychiatric disorder, or have an enhanced level care programme approach
If you receive PIP enhanced level, DLA higher rate care or higher rate attendance allowance, you may qualify to have a carer travel with you free of charge.
Your pass can be issued for up to 5 years. If the evidence you provide has an end date in less than 5 years, your pass will be issued up to that end date.
Please ensure that your evidence or eligibility documents are dated within the last 12 months.
Apply or renew your pass
Due to changes to our IT network, you will not be able to send your supporting evidence with your online application.
Please email your evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org providing your name, address and date of birth.