Due to Covid-19 we are unable to run in person classes across the city. We are offering some remote classes.
We are offering remotes classes:
- half hour and 1 hour Zoom or phone classes starting on Tuesdays from 11am - call 0114 399 1070 to book
- 40 minute Zoom classes on Wednesdays at 1pm - call 0114 399 1070 or 07895 986 541 to book
Help with your device:
- if you need help using your computer, tablet or other device call us on 0114 399 1070
If you're interested in attending a class or finding our more about our free computer sessions you can contact Shahid Khan – Engagement and Development Officer on 07391 863 249 or email MakingAccessEasier@sheffield.gov.uk.
We know that many of our tenants don’t have the confidence or the know-how to access the internet. That's why we have an arrangement with Heeley Trust to deliver free computer classes to help our tenants get online.
Being able to do things online like shopping, banking and socialising, can save you money and make things easier and more convenient. Importantly, from November you will only be able to apply for Universal Credit online.
How these classes can help you
If you're a Council tenant and would like to do more on the internet but you're not sure how to, or if you're worried about having to apply online for Universal Credit, then why not sign-up to a class near you?
The classes are held at venues all across the city and are run by friendly, helpful advisors from the Heeley Trust who will help you gain the skills you need at a pace that suits you.
As well as help to apply for Universal Credit, the classes also cover lots of other topics like how to stay safe on the internet, staying in touch with friends and family, accessing health and other services and online banking.
Go to a computer session near you
The sessions you can attend at your local library are:
- Firth Park, Monday 10am to midday
- Manor, Monday 2pm to 4pm
- Totley, Tuesday 10am to midday
- Central Library, Tuesday 10am to midday
- Burngreave, Tuesday 1pm to 3pm
- Woodseats, Wednesday 1pm to 3pm
- Walkley, Wednesday 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- Crystal Peaks, Thursday 10am to midday
- Greenhill, Friday 10am to midday
- Chapeltown, Friday 10am to midday
More classes available across the city
You can also go to free classes at:
- Meersbrook Hall, Sheffield Online Centre, Tuesday and Thursday 1pm to 4pm
- Meersbrook Hall, Connect IT Computer club and social cafe, Wednesday 9am to 12pm, 1pm to 4pm
- Balfour House (Stocksbridge), Tuesday 10am to midday
- Emerson Community Room (Parson Cross), Monday 10am to midday
- Greenland Community Centre: Wednesday 10am to midday
- Hanover TARA, Monday and Thursday 2pm to 4pm
- Stannington TARA, Thursday 10am to midday