We know that many of our tenants don’t have the confidence or the know-how to access the internet. That's why we have an arrangement with Heeley Trust to deliver free computer classes to help our tenants get online.
Being able to do things online like shopping, banking and socialising, can save you money and make things easier and more convenient. Importantly, from November you will only be able to apply for Universal Credit online.
How these classes can help you
If you're a Council tenant and would like to do more on the internet but you're not sure how to, or if you're worried about having to apply online for Universal Credit, then why not sign-up to a class near you?
The classes are held at venues all across the city and are run by friendly, helpful advisors from the Heeley Trust who will help you gain the skills you need at a pace that suits you.
As well as help to apply for Universal Credit, the classes also cover lots of other topics like how to stay safe on the internet, staying in touch with friends and family, accessing health and other services and online banking.
Go to a computer session near you
- You can book a computer session over the phone on 0114 399 1070 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Just pick the session you like and let us know you're coming.
The sessions you can attend at your local library are:
- Firth Park: Monday 10am to midday
- Manor: Monday 2pm to 4pm
- Totley: Tuesday 10am to midday
- Central Library: Tuesday 10am to midday
- Burngreave: Tuesday 1pm to 3pm
- Woodseats: Wednesday 1pm to 3pm
- Walkley: Wednesday 1:30pm to 3:30pm
- Crystal Peaks: Thursday 10am to midday
- Greenhill: Friday 10am to midday
- Chapeltown: Friday 10am to midday
More classes available across the city
You can also go to free classes at:
- Balfour House (Stocksbridge): Tuesday 10am to midday
- Emerson Community Room (Parson Cross): Monday 10am to midday
- Greenland Community Centre: Wednesday 10am to midday
- Hanover TARA: Monday and Thursday 2pm to 4pm
- Langsett Community Room: Wednesday, 10am to midday
- Stannington TARA: Thursday 10am to midday