Occasionally we may receive more calls than expected. We don't like to keep you waiting, so please use our menu, A to Z or search to find the answer to your enquiry.
Apply for a service.
Report a problem.
Pay a bill.
Ask us a question online.
Call us between 8am and 6pm, Monday to Friday. Our busiest times are:
- Mondays between 8am and 11am
- Fridays between 4pm and 6pm.
During these times your call may take longer to be answered.
Telephone 0114 2734567, then select:
- for bin collections and recycling, parking, roads and street lighting, or other environmental services
- for council house enquiries, repairs or gas appointments
- for Council Tax, benefits or the Local Assistance Scheme
- for children and family services such as education and children's social care
- for disabled parking (blue badges), travel permits and adult social care
- for elections and any other services
Emergency contact details and out of office hours services.
Contact us by textrelay (previously TypeTalk) provided by the RNID.
Make a complaint about your experience of using our telephone services or your dissatisfaction with our performance and the quality of service you have received.