Skip to content

Complain to Sheffield City Council

Your complaints are important to us. They help us improve our services - so please tell us what you think.

Complain about:

Household bins and waste

A Councillor



Complain online about any other service.

Or do you need to:

Report a problem

Appeal a decision

Ask us a question


Other ways to complain

Telephone us (select option 6, then 2). Monday to Friday from 8am until 6pm.

Visit First Point.

Write to us: our address.

Download the Easy Read form and guide


Next steps

We aim to resolve complaints as quickly as possible (within 3 working days).

If not, we will carry out a complaint investigation (completed within 28 days).  During this investigation, a manager will contact you to discuss your complaint, and then write to you with their decision, explaining any actions we will take.

If you are not satisfied with their response, you can ask for an Investigation Review carried out by a more senior manager who will write to you with their decision, there is no right of appeal against this decision – it is final.

Complaints about children’s and adult social care services are dealt with through different procedures that have been agreed by the Government.

If, after this, you feel that we have not fully dealt with your complaint, or handled it properly, you can contact the Ombudsman.

We will advise you if this is the Housing Ombudsman or the Local Government Ombudsman.


Complaint's policy

Download our complaints policy:

  • Modified: Dec 21, 2016 10:56:10 AM