Skip to content

Submitting a Building Regulations Application

You can make an application to our Building Control service for Building Regulation Approval to:

  • Erect buildings

  • Extend an existing building
  • Convert a room in a roof space
  • Change the use of a building
  • Install services and fittings
  • Erect a conservatory where the floor area is greater than 30 square metres
  • Renovating a thermal element such as reroofing


Types of applications


Submitting an application

You may submit the application yourself or you may engage someone to do it for you.

If an agent is employed all correspondence will be directed to them. In all cases a full postal address must be provided to allow us to contact either you or your agent.

The full postal address of the property where the development is to be carried out should be provided, as should the proposed use of the new structure.

When submitting an application this should be accompanied with the correct charges for your Building Regulations Application.

If your proposal will affect your neighbour in some way you have responsibility under the Party Wall Act 1996 to contact them before your application is made.

  • Modified: Sep 2, 2014 8:40:30 AM