This scheme is closed for new applications.
A grant for businesses with fixed costs that are allowed to stay open under the 5 January 2021 National Lockdown. The primary activity of the business must the sale of goods and services on a face to face basis.
To apply a business must meet all of the following:
- can evidence it was trading on 4 January 2021
- has annual fixed property costs (commercial rent/ mortgage or business rates)
- is in occupation and trading from the premises
- can show a significant loss of trade due to coronavirus restrictions
- must be an eligible business that:
- have been allowed to remain open by government
- the public are required to enter business premises to purchase goods and services
Example eligible businesses
- food retailers, including food markets, supermarkets, convenience stores and corner shops. Includes fresh food retailers (such as butchers, bakers, greengrocers, fishmongers, and delicatessens)
- off licences and licenced shops selling alcohol
- pharmacies (including non-dispensing pharmacies) and chemists
- mobility and disability support shops
- builders merchants and suppliers of products and tools used in building work and repairs.
- garden centres and agricultural supplies shops
- veterinary surgeons, animal rescue centres, boarding facilities, and retailers of products and food for the upkeep and welfare of animals. Animal grooming facilities used for the purposes of an animal’s welfare (and not for aesthetic purposes)
- dental services, opticians, audiology services, chiropody, chiropractors, osteopaths and other medical or health services, including services relating to mental health
- banks, building societies, credit unions, short term loan providers, savings clubs, cash points currency exchange offices
- post offices
- funeral directors
- laundrettes and dry cleaners
- bicycle shops, vehicle repair and MOT services
- petrol stations and automatic car washes
- vehicle hire businesses and motorway service areas
The following businesses are not eligible to apply:
- businesses in administration, insolvent or subject to a striking off notice
- businesses that have already received a grant relating to the restrictions from 14 October 2020 to date
- businesses that have been forced to close under the national restrictions
- national chains
- large companies
- car parks
- empty properties
- residential properties
- places of worship
- businesses not capable of trading activity
- businesses considered to have a detrimental impact on the city eg imposition or breach of statutory notice
The requirements and conditions of this grant programme:
- are not exhaustive
- may be subject to change in line with changes to issued guidance
What you will get
We award one grant per eligible business property. The amount you receive for each property applied for will depend on rent, mortgage or rateable value of the property.
|Rent or other fixed property cost
|£1 to £15,000
|£15,001 to £50,999
You can make one application per business property.
How we process your application
An application is complete when we receive the form and all the required evidence we have asked for.
State Aid statement
This grant is considered by Government as a State Aid and will therefore be awarded under the either of the following regimes:
- EU State De-Minimis Regulation or
- the UK Covid-19 Temporary Framework
You will receive a letter from us to confirm this once you receive payment.