Shortbrook Primary School is in need of a Business Manager to join our friendly, hard working and committed team. The school, although large in size has only a small number of lovely pupils who are eager to learn and who you will brighten your busy days. The position is to start after October half term when you will work alongside our present Business Manager for the remainder of the term to allow for a handover.
The role of the Business Manager is very varied and includes responsibility for:-
• Human Resources
• Premises (working alongside Site Manager)
• Health & Safety (working alongside Site Manager)
• Information Management
• Office Management and Administration.
This role requires an exceptional individual who is hard working, enthusiastic, efficient and highly organised. You should ideally have a minimum of 2 years’ experience in finance, preferably in a school setting, be conversant with and competent in the use of FMS financial accounting software and ideally, but not essential, be qualified to NVQ 4 or have equivalent qualification ie Certificate in School Business Management.
The post is for 28.5 hours per week (Monday, Wednesday &Thursday 8.00am – 3.30pm, Tuesday 8.00am – 4.00pm), 41 weeks per year, term-time plus 5 training days.
The role requires the post holder to:
• Work closely with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership team to help drive the school’s vision and ethos.
• Effectively manage the school budget on a daily basis seeking out opportunities to provide excellent value for money.
• Lead others in providing outstanding administration support to the staff, parents, community and school as a whole
• Provide effective line management for the other administration staff
• Work alongside the Site Manager in prioritising the health and safety of the school
• Report to the Headteacher and Governors on financial/staffing/Human Resources matters
• Work alongside the Site Manager on income generation for the school including bids and fundraising
• Find effective ways to seek best value when procuring goods and services
• Liaise with other building users providing timely invoicing for services provided and miscellaneous expenditure
• Oversee the implementation of all General Data Processing Regulations for the school and its users
You will be working in a busy school office and will be one of the ‘faces of the school so it is essential that you are a ‘people person as we work closely with our parents, governors and other stakeholders. You will need to be friendly, approachable, discreet, have a good sense of humour and have high standards with a willingness to show initiative in order to improve practices. This role is suited to someone who has experience of line managing, enjoys problem solving and has the ability to multi-task whilst keeping a positive attitude at all times.
We can offer
• A commitment towards your professional development
• Delightful children with a positive attitude towards their learning
• A supportive and friendly team of colleagues who are willing to share their expertise and learn from one another
• A dedicated Governing Body
• An opportunity to play a significant role in the future development of the school working closely with the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team.
For further information about the school, and application forms, please visit our website:- https://www.shortbrookprimaryschool.org/job-vacancies/
Application packs and further details can also be obtained from Carol Boothroyd, Business Manager at Shortbrook Primary School, Westfield Northway, Westfield, Sheffield, S20 8FB, tel 0114 2482497, email email@example.com and to whom completed forms should be returned.
Visits to the school are welcomed, ideally on a Monday or Tuesday, please email or ring for an appointment.
Closing Date: Friday 6th October 2023
Shortlisting: Monday 9th October 2023
(against the person specification supplied with the application pack)
Interviews: Monday 16th October 2023
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
The Council is not responsible or accepts liability to the reader, for information included in this job advert. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to the school.