Required: As soon as possible
Hours: 32.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday (7am-2pm) 38 weeks plus 2 days per year Salary: Grade 3, £19,650 - £20,043 pro rata
The Governing Body are looking to appoint an experienced Assistant Cook to join our catering team as soon as possible. You will need to be an enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible individual.
Hallam Primary School is a large, inclusive and welcoming school set on an open site with an abundance of green space located to the west of Sheffield in the S10 postcode. Hallam Primary School caters for 500 pupil meals per day for children between 4-11 years old.
• To assist in the preparation, cooking and serving of food and drinks
• To assist with various dishes/sweets/snacks as required, under the supervision of the Cook Supervisor
• To assist in the service of foods/drinks from various service points
• To assist in the cleaning of all work areas, including periodic deep cleaning associated with food areas
• To check and put away deliveries as required
• To deputise for the Cook Supervisor when required
We can offer you:
• a staff team with a vision of excellence for the future
• a dedicated and aspirational Governing Body
• a committed and supportive community which plays an active role in the school
• a well-resourced and stimulating environment
Visits to the school are welcomed and can be arranged by contacting Mrs Suzanne MGloin on 0114 2304430, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms can be obtained from the school website, under the about us and job vacancies tabs, http://www.hallamprimaryschool.co.uk/job-vacancies/
Completed applications should be returned to Mrs Suzanne McGloin – School Manager – email@example.com
Please do not complete a Local Authority Application form for this post. Further information relevant to this post is available on line via the school website http://www.hallamprimaryschool.co.uk
Closing date for applications: Friday 23rd September 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 28th September 2022
Hallam Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
The Council is not responsible or accepts liability to the reader, for information included in this job advert. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to the school.