Westways is a good school (Ofsted December 2018). We are a large, welcoming school situated in the west of Sheffield, close to the city’s universities and hospitals. Located in the vibrant community of Crookes, we benefit from a socially, culturally and ethnically diverse school community. Our children are happy, well behaved and keen to learn.
The Governors of Westways Primary School are seeking to appoint a skilled, professional and friendly person to become part of our office team. This role is for five days per week (term time only).
Experience of working in a busy reception or office environment is essential.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
• Reception duties, including being a first point of contact for the school, welcoming visitors and parents/carers and answering telephone calls
• Management of the school calendar
• Providing clerical and administration support to all staff and pupils
• Administration of admissions
• Monitoring and ordering of general school stock
• Processing school dinners through the ParentPay system
• Undertaking basic attendance related duties.
The successful candidate must have:
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• The ability to work effectively as part of a team
• The ability to work under their own initiative
• A working knowledge of IT is essential, with experience of using Microsoft Office
• The ability to establish good relationships working with the wider school community.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to visit the school, please contact the school to make an appointment or to discuss the role further with the School Business Manager, Mrs Vicky Phillips on 0114 266 2471 or by email email@example.com .
Closing date: 12pm Tuesday 27th September 2022
Interviews will be held on: Friday 30th September 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
The Council is not responsible or accepts liability to the reader, for information included in this job advert. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to the school.