Barnsley Academy is seeking to appoint a PA to the Principal. The academy is part of United Learning, a national group of schools and academies. Barnsley Academy is an 11-16 secondary. As part of United Learning our aim is to bring out ‘the Best in Everyone’ and we continuously strive to ensure that students and staff have every opportunity to succeed, with their potential developed to the utmost.
This is an exciting opportunity to work with the Principal, colleagues, students and parents/carers at Barnsley Academy. The post-holder will provide a comprehensive, high level support service for the Principal.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling business for the Principal and managing their diary to maximise the use of time against known priorities, scheduling appointments, travel arrangements, etc.
- Providing daily briefings with associated papers of tasks requiring action; maintaining a regular and timely flow of information and a bring forward system.
- To coordinate the arrangements for visits by guests and other visitors, including making arrangements in respect of hospitality and travel and ensuring the Principal is fully briefed with relevant information.
- To contribute to the smooth running of the academy, undertaking such administrative tasks as required under the direction of the Principal.
- To provide an administrative service for committees, as required. This will include the preparation of agendas, taking minutes at the meetings, ensuring actions are recorded, providing follow-up for actions and reporting on progress against actions.
- When delegated, to organise and facilitate meetings and special events; scheduling and coordinating dates and times, venues, attendance, agendas, and facilities alongside key personnel.
The successful candidate will:
- Have at least two years of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Attention to detail is a must as well as strong organisational skills.
- Knowledge of planning and scheduling techniques.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders in a diverse community.
- Skill in organising resources and establishing priorities.
- Ability to create, compose, and edit written materials.
- An ability to manage confidential and sensitive information in an appropriate manner.
We will offer you:
- Excellent facilities and resources.
- Talented, supportive and innovative staff and students.
- Training and development opportunities.
- Opportunities to collaborate with colleagues in our cluster of schools.
- Access to the Local Government Pension Scheme.
- 25 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays.
- Access to training through the Apprenticeship Levy.
Please refer to the job description and person specification for further details.
To apply, please visit https://www.barnsley-academy.org/vacancies to complete our online application form, CVs are not accepted. The closing date for this post is 9:00 am on Tuesday 30 August 2022. Interviews will take place week commencing 05 September 2022. For an informal discussion regarding this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org
United Learning is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Employees will, in accordance with statutory guidance, be subject to a comprehensive checking process including references from current and previous employers, health, right to work in the UK, an Enhanced DBS check and a further check against the appropriate barred list.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.