Nether Green Infants is a happy school, and our children thrive on the high quality opportunities we provide for them. Our children are aged 4-7 and always full of energy fun and enthusiasm! At Nether Green Infant school, we have a busy and thriving After School Club which runs daily from 3:20pm until 6:00pm during term time to provide childcare for working families. The post is permanent for 15 hours per week; if you are interested in more hours we are also advertising for an Lunchtime Playleader (7.5 hours per week).
We are looking for someone to work closely alongside our Wrap Around Care Manager to support the running of the club. The post will include planning and leading a range of fun activities including Sports and Games, Arts and Crafts and other play activities -we would be keen to hear about your area of interest and expertise!
Our children are a joy to work with! We are looking for someone who: -
- Has experience of working with young children (ideally a level 3 qualification in childcare / teaching assistant)
- Can contribute towards the delivery of creative play opportunities in a safe and caring environment
- Understands the importance of safeguarding for all our children in particular the safe hand over children to parents at the end of each session
- Supports the team to ensure standards of behaviour are maintained and comply with the school behaviour policy.
- Can administer basic first aid as appropriate (ideally a first aid qualification or prepared to attend training in this)
- Can support the club leader with the administrative duties and planning for the club.
This post would be suitable for someone who has worked in a school, nursery or other childcare setting or someone who has worked with children in a different capacity e.g., sports coaching. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and expect all staff to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to complete a Criminal Records Disclosure Form in line with Section 115 of the Police Act 1997.
Application forms should be returned by 9:00 on Wednesday 31st August 2022
Please return your completed application form to the school office by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to Nether Green Infant School
Stumperlowe Park Road, Sheffield S10 3QP.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
The Council is not responsible or accepts liability to the reader, for information included in this job advert. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to the school.