The Governors and Trustees of Meynell Primary School wish to appoint a Safeguarding Liaison Officer to commence in September 2022.
Meynell Primary School is situated in the north of the city and serves a predominantly white British community. Meynell is a 2 form entry with an average of 480 pupils, including nursery. Nursery is housed in a separate building on the school site with a two year old provision for up to 40 pupils and a three to four year old provision for up to 104 pupils.
There is currently a Headteacher and three Assistant Heads, a full time non-teaching SENCO and an Inclusion Team. There is a governing body in place which serves two of the other Trust schools.
The school is Ofsted rated “requires improvement” from the last inspection in September 2019. However, the school is making significant improvements at a pace. The school’s ethos is Aspire, Believe, Explore, Achieve. As a school we set high expectations and our learners take pride, thrive and are proud to be a part of Team Meynell. We are very fortunate to have extensive outdoor grounds which are used and embedded into our curriculum which meets the needs of all our learners.
We wish to appoint an enthusiastic and dedicated Safeguarding Liaison Officer to work in our busy school, who would enjoy working in a happy and supportive school. The successful candidate will join us to complete a strong team and contribute to the school’s success.
You will need to:
- Have a proven track record of line management
- Have an in depth understanding of the Inclusion Agenda, especially Special Educational Needs, Behaviour, Attendance, Safeguarding and Child Protection.
- Experience of working in an educational setting. Primary experience is beneficial but not essential.
- Have excellent organisational skills
- Be an excellent communicator
- Have an excellent work ethic and be a strong team worker and work well under pressure.
We can offer you:
- A school team committed to providing an excellent education for every child
- Children who love learning and want to achieve
- A high level of community involvement
- A well-resourced and stimulating environment
- A well-established trust of schools which shares and builds on effective practice and collaboration.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed on Monday 5th September at 3.30pm or Tuesday 6th September at 9am. Please contact Zoe Hill, HR & Office Manager at Meynell to confirm the date you would like to visit.
Tapton School Academy Trust application forms can be obtained at:
www.meynell.sheffield.sch.uk – About Our School – Job Vacancies
Completed application forms should be returned to email@example.com for the attention of Zoe Hill, HR & Office Manager.
Please do not use the Local Authority application form.
Meynell Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the interests of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
The successful candidate must have the ability to converse at ease with members of the public and students and providing advice in accurate spoken English is essential to the role.
References for short-listed candidates will be requested before the interview.
Successful applicants will be required to undertake a DBS Enhanced Disclosure check.
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 7th September 2022
Shortlisting: Thursday 8th September 2022
Interviews: Wednesday 14th September 2022