The Governing Body are looking to appoint an Admin Officer to join our busy Admin Team as soon as possible.
Hallam Primary School is a large three form entry primary school. The school is at the heart of its community and recently became a member of Tapton School Academy Trust. Membership of the Academy Trust provides a range of opportunities for partnership working and continuing professional development with an outstanding secondary school and a network of primary schools within the locality. We are all working together to establish really effective practice for the benefit of every child.
This role will be working in the main office providing admin support to the school and managing the day to day bookings for After School Club and Breakfast Club. The role will also include arranging provision of extra-curricular clubs. The ability to converse at ease with members of the public and pupils and provide advice in accurate spoken English is essential to the role. It will also include whole school administrative support and there will also be a number of designated responsibilities to oversee. There may also be a need to provide additional support to other Primary Schools within Tapton School Academy Trust. This would be on an ad hoc basis covering absence and offering additional capacity.
Duties and responsibilities: -
- Undertake reception duties, answering routine telephone and face to face enquiries and signing in visitors
- Assist with pupil first aid/welfare duties, looking after sick pupils, liaising with parents/staff etc in accordance with the school policy on administering drugs
- Assisting with arrangements for visits by school nurse, photographer etc.
- Provide routine clerical support e.g. photocopying, filing, emailing, completing routine forms
- Maintain manual and computerised records/management information systems
- Undertake typing, word-processing and other IT based tasks
- Sort and distribute mail
- Undertake routine administration e.g. school meals, filing
- Operate office equipment e.g. photocopier, computer
- Arrange orderly and secure storage of supplies and stationery
- Undertake any routine financial administration
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and ensure equal opportunities for all
- Contribute to the overall ethos, work and aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals as appropriate
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Any other duties and responsibilities appropriate to the grade and role
- You will need to:
- Have excellent communication skills
- Be approachable and responsive to the needs of the school and community
- Have good ICT skills and have the ability to multi task.
- Have an excellent work ethic and be a strong team worker
We can offer you:
- Staff with a vision of excellence for the future
- Children who love learning and want to achieve
- A well-resourced and stimulating environment
- A strong emphasis on teamwork
- High quality CPD opportunities
Closing date for applications: Friday 9th September 2022
Interviews: Monday 19th September 2022
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare and safety of children and vulnerable adults and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful candidates will be required to complete an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check.
We value our diverse workforce and aim to work together to make the most of our differences. We welcome applications from everyone. Under the Disability Confident Scheme, disabled applicants, who meet the essential criteria of this job, are guaranteed an interview.
Application forms can be obtained from the school website, under the about us and job vacancies tabs, http://www.hallamprimaryschool.co.uk/job-vacancies/
Completed applications should be returned to Mrs Suzanne McGloin – School Manager – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please do not complete a Local Authority Application form for this post.
Further information relevant to this post is available on line via the school website http://www.hallamprimaryschool.co.uk
The Council is not responsible or accepts liability to the reader, for information included in this job advert. If you have any queries or concerns, please speak to the school.