Short Listing: Monday 8August 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 16 August 2022
Are you ready for your next challenge? Take a leap and become part of the Discovery Team of Dreamers, Believers and Achievers.
View our recruitment video here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNcDiYArdp0
Discovery Academy is a brand-new school for children and young people with SEND located on the Norfolk Park Estate in Sheffield. The Academy is run by the award-winning Nexus Multi Academy Trust.
We believe that inspiring young people with their learning is about giving them a sense of belief that they will achieve their potential. This is an opportunity to build the school ethos from the ground upwards. Be a part of a house system that gives children and staff a sense of belonging and is dedicated to its values by developing staff to become even greater.
We have an immersive approach to our curriculum that is thematic throughout the school. Our classrooms are immersive and allow pupils to work independently and in collaboration together in fun learning spaces. We believe that learning takes place when children feel safe, stimulated and secure where kindness, care and self-belief are the foundations to learning. For further information about the school please visit https://www.discoverysheffield.org/
We are looking to appoint a highly professional and efficient Site Supervisor.
You will need to demonstrate that you:
- Hold recognised training/qualifications associated with premises management or evidence of equivalent knowledge/experience
- Experience of working in an environment where literacy and numeracy skills have been demonstrated
- Significant experience or skills in a trade
- The ability to understand and apply regulations such as health & safety, manual handling, COSHH, Legionella etc.
- The ability to operate and understand electrical/mechanical systems
- Risk Assessment experience/qualification
- Competent at basic building repairs and maintenance
- Ability to perform the physical tasks required by the post including lifting, carrying and pushing various equipment to undertake the duties of the post
- To be able to use small industrial, electrical and mechanical equipment
- Experience of working with trades people and contractors
- Have excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to enthuse and motivate others
- Have the ability to set appropriate and challenging targets for yourself and others
- Have the ability to make and take decisions both individually and as part of a team
- Are committed to supporting the aims of the academy
About the Trust
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is an award-winning Trust, founded in 2016 with a large network of academies across South Yorkshire. The vision for Nexus is that we are constantly “Learning together, to be the best we can be.” This vision drives our commitment to making our Trust a great place to be, work, and learn.
We are forward thinking and innovative with collaboration, enrichment and improvement enshrined within our day to day practice. Please see a copy of our most recent prospectus on our website Nexus Multi Academy Trust | Special Schools Across Yorkshire (nexusmat.org)
What you can expect
- An exciting opportunity to join a brand-new school with strong partnerships to the academy schools’ network and other local schools and organisations
- A high priority to your own learning, including access to tailored CPD and coaching
- Leading employment benefits including access to pension scheme and employee assistance programmes
- Opportunities to grow your career and for professional development as we encourage collaboration between our academies
- An opportunity to join a team of dedicated and hard-working professionals who put our pupils at the centre of everything they do and are constantly striving to improve their knowledge, skills and practice
How to Apply
To apply, please complete an application form which can be downloaded from the Nexus Trust website.
Completed application forms are to be returned via email or post to Amy Woodcock (Office Manager) on email@example.com or postal address: C/O Abbey School, Little Common Lane, Kimberworth, Rotherham, S61 2RA.
All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early should we receive an overwhelming response.
If you would like an informal and confidential conversation about the role please contact Amy Woodcock on 01709 740074.
Nexus Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Safer recruitment practice and pre-employment checks will be undertaken before any appointment is confirmed.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level and a barred list check. Further information about the Disclosure and Barring Service and can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check.
We are an equal opportunities employer committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce.