This is a partnership between Sheffield City Council, the NHS and a range of partners in the city that aims to deliver a single approach to improving the health & wellbeing of Sheffield residents.
Reflecting its status as a genuine partnership, chairing meetings is shared between the Council and the Clinical Commissioning Group (the organisations responsible for commissioning NHS services in Sheffield).
Board responsibility and board members
The Board is responsible for agreeing and publishing a Joint Strategic Needs Assessment. This looks at the health of Sheffield's population and includes a Pharmaceutical Needs Assessment to aid commissioning of pharmacy services and a Joint Health & Wellbeing Strategy, setting out how the Board aims to improve the health & wellbeing of Sheffield residents.
- Cllr George Lindars-Hammond Cabinet Member for Health & Social Care, Sheffield City Council
- Dr Terry Hudsen, Chair of Sheffield NHS CCG, Clinical Commissioning Group Committee
- Alexis Chappell, Director of Adult Health & Social Care, Sheffield City Council
- Mick Crofts, Interim Executive Director of Place, Sheffield City Council
- Cllr Jackie Drayton, Cabinet Member for Children, Young People & Families, Sheffield City Council
- Greg Fell, Director of Public Health, Sheffield City Council
- Dr David Hughes, Medical Director, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS FT
- Kate Josephs, Chief Executive, Sheffield City Council
- Alison Knowles, Locality Director, NHS England
- Dr Zak McMurray, Medical Director, Sheffield CCG
- John Macilwraith, Executive Director of Children, Young People & Families, Sheffield City Council
- Prof Chris Newman, Interim Vice President for the Faculty of Medicine, Dentistry and Health, University of Sheffield
- Mike Potts, Trust Chair, Sheffield Health & Social Care NHS Foundation Trust
- Judy Robinson, Chair, Sheffield Healthwatch
- Helen Sims/Helen Steers , Interim Chief Executive, Voluntary Action Sheffield
- Lesley Smith, Accountable Officer, NHS Sheffield CCG
- Dr Toni Schwarz, Dean for Health & Wellbeing, Sheffield Hallam University
- Mark Tuckett, Programme Director, Accountable Care Partnership
- Simon Verrall , Superintendent, South Yorkshire Police
- David Warwicker, Governing Body GP, Sheffield CCG
- Cllr Paul Wood, Cabinet Member for Neighbourhoods and Community Safety, Sheffield City Council
The Board has 4 formal public meetings a year, which members of the public can attend and ask questions.
The Board also has a number of Strategy Development sessions throughout the year which are open for members of the public to observe.
The Board has just published an updated Joint Health & Wellbeing Strategy for Sheffield covering the period 2019-24.