To help prevent the spread of Covid-19 and contain outbreaks we will:
- use the expertise of our public health staff to work with local and national arrangements to spot and respond to outbreaks
- work with our partners in the community and statutory services to guide this work, ensuring our interventions are in the right places and we communicate the right messages to Sheffielders at the right time
This work is guided by our Outbreak Control Plan and overseen by our Covid-19 Prevention and Management Board.
Outbreak Control Plan
The Sheffield Local Outbreak Control Plan builds on existing health protection plans and puts in place measures to contain Covid-19 outbreaks. It will be reviewed and updated over time as the situation develops.
Covid-19 Prevention and Management Board
The board is there to enable city leaders and institutions to:
- prevent the disease from spreading
- know what is happening in our communities
- respond to outbreaks if and when they do occur
- create confidence in partners and residents that we have a plan in place
It is chaired by the Leader of the Council. Its membership is drawn from:
- the political parties elected to the Council
- statutory services with a role in the response effort
- key communities or constituencies such as businesses, faith groups, carers, or the voluntary and community sector
It is responsible for oversight of the Outbreak Control Plan by carrying out communication and engagement with residents, businesses and stakeholders in Sheffield.
The board meets fortnightly in private. The notes from these meetings will be published here.
How to attend public question and answer sessions and submit questions
The board will carry out public question and answer sessions over video conference every month, usually on the fourth Friday of the month at 2pm. Anyone can join in.
The next question and answer session is on 25 September 2020 from 2pm to 3:30pm
If you would like to ask a question at this session, you can register for a place:
If you would just like to watch the session, it will be webcast and you can view it via our webcasting portal:
Outside of these sessions, you can submit your questions for the board by emailing email@example.com.