We currently have a reduced telephone service and we recommend that you contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
A Local Land Charge is a restriction imposed on a particular piece of land, either to secure the payment or to limit the use of land.
Our Local Land Charges Service have a statutory duty to provide the information requested in a Local Authority Search if you're:
- buying or selling land or property
- doing an official conveyancing search
We work closely with colleagues in Planning, Highways, Building Control, Regulatory Services and Strategic Housing to provide a fast, accurate and fully guaranteed service. We complete all search requests within 8 working days, with the average turnaround time of 5 working days.
Local authority searches
This document is a compulsory part of the conveyancing process. The purpose of the search is to uncover any restrictions, or legal obligations, against the site. The search gives the solicitor, on behalf of the home mover, vital information on the property or land prior to completion.
This information includes:
- charges for services such as roads
- restrictions such as tree preservation orders
- conditions imposed in planning permissions, conservation areas, legal agreements and listed buildings
The Local Authority Search can be requested by post, or by emailing Sheffield City Council. It can also be requested through other third parties.
An expedited search for a standard property is normally processed within 48 hours. If the request is for a large and/or commercial area turnaround times may be longer.
Alternatively you could request access to the information used to answer the questions found on the industry standard Con29 form. Email email@example.com.
- LLC1 - £28.20 (Extra parcel £1 each)
- Expedited LLC1 - £39
- Personal search - free
- Con 29R Component Data - minimum administration charge £11 plus individual questions cost
- Con 29O - £8.13 each + VAT (9.76)
- Expedited Con29 - £93.30 + VAT (£111.96)
- Full Con 29R - £58.50 (Extra parcel £9.75 each) + VAT
Annual and financial statements
We are obliged to publish information annually regarding our fees. These can be viewed or downloaded.