If your home or business has been damaged by flooding we may be able to help you.

Following the recent flooding in parts of the city, we have put together a package of measures to assist those who have been affected. We have already identified a number of postcodes where residential properties and businesses have been impacted and we are in the process of contacting them to advise how they can access funding.

Apply for help from the flood relief fund

If we have not contacted you and your home or business has been damaged by the flooding then you can apply for help from our flood relief fund.

The fund will:

  • suspend your council tax for 3 months
  • provide a £500 grant 

Other help you can get

The charity organisation South Yorkshire Community Foundation (SYCF) will be providing £200 compensation to affected residents. We have sent a list of affected properties to SYCF and payments will be administered by them. There are also a number of other small grants available from the fund.

Contact Customer Services

1 Union Street
Howden House
S1 2SH

Mon to Fri, 8:45am to 4:45pm.

You might also like…