Last updated Wednesday 22 July at 3:23pm
Covid-19 community helpline
You can contact us for support for help with tasks such as shopping, medication and social contact on 0114 273 4567
We will also ring people on the government high risk and vulnerable list. We will never ask for credit card details.
We can help with:
- collecting shopping
- collecting medication
- support for anyone who is feeling isolated or needs extra help
You can request our help if you:
- have no-one else who can offer support
- are self isolating because you or your household is more vulnerable to the effects of the virus
- are self isolating because you have the virus
Request by calling 0114 273 4567 or applying online.
Supermarket food box service
Many supermarkets offer a food box service containing essential supplies. Please check their websites for details.
- We're working to make sure we can continue to meet people’s urgent needs for care and support
- We’re contacting everyone we support to discuss any changes to their support plans
If you or someone you know doesn’t already receive adult social care:
- for formal care and support - contact our First Contact Team on 0114 273 4908
- to find informal support in your area, contact Voluntary Action Sheffield
Emergency childcare for critical workers or vulnerable children
Schools are not required to open over the summer break and will not be able to make any childcare provision.
If you need a childcare provider over the summer holidays please use our childcare directory to find details of providers that are open over the summer holidays during the pandemic. Contact the childcare provider directly for information on session availability, prices etc.
If you are unable to find holiday childcare after contacting the providers listed in the directory, please complete the form for emergency childcare. We will respond with 48 hours.
Accessing free early learning in Autumn
Sign up now with your chosen provider to secure your child’s place in time for September.
- Devonshire Green Medical Centre drop-in is closed. They now operate a triage by phone
- we're setting up a staffed safe space night centre
- we're sourcing additional self contained units
If you are homeless or at risk of homelessness
- contact Housing Solutions 0114 273 6306 or 0800 7311 689 (after 5pm)
- or request a call back
Help with Council Tax
If you are struggling to pay your council tax:
- you can discuss your account with us
- you may be eligible to apply for council tax support
- if eligible, you may also be eligible for the Council Tax Hardship Scheme
Help with Council Housing rent
If you are struggling to pay your rent please contact us on 0114 293 0000.
We will be able to help you make a realistic repayment agreement.
Local Assistance Scheme
This scheme is only available to Sheffield residents who:
- have insufficient income to meet their needs
- are aged 16 years old or over
In order to consider your application, we may ask you to provide proof of:
- any benefits received
- and/or bank statements for the last 3 months
Full details are available at www.sheffield.gov.uk/localassistance
Help with Universal credit
Universal Credit is a payment to help with your living costs. You may be able to get it if you are on a low income or out of work.
If you already claim UC
- HMRC should inform DWP of the change in your income, or
- you can update your UC online journal yourself